We are looking for an exceptional highly experienced capital market / derivatives general counsel to join our fast growing scale-up firm and take a key role in our journey to democratise the $2.5 trillion Securities Lending market. We are on an exciting growth trajectory and are looking for a GC with a passion to lead and become an instrumental member of our management team. Reporting directly to the CEO, who is an ex-lawyer as well and very passionate about good legal work.
- An interest and mind for developing legal strategy and finding practical solutions to complex legal issues.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail, with a proven ability to juggle and prioritise a large number of competing matters.
- Ability to work proactively and autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to support the company’s different departments such as sales, account management, projects, product, HR, and operations.
Required skills and experience
- 7+ year PQE lawyer with capital markets / derivatives experience.
- Qualified as a lawyer in England and at least one US state (preferably New York).
- Drafting and negotiating capital markets industry agreements such as GMSLA, GMRA, ISDA.
- Experience working as part of an executive team, in a fast-paced and challenging work environment.
- Advising on IP, data protection and GDPR compliance.
- Participating or preferably leading corporate activities, including financing rounds.
- Able to take ownership of complex projects with shifting priorities, managing them through to completion.
- Excellent legal, business judgment, and strategic thinking, team-player with outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills.
- Fluency in English.