Financial Controller (Maternity Cover)
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to join our fast-growing fintech company and take a key role in our journey to democratise the $2.5 trillion Securities Lending market.
As a Financial Controller you will support the Finance Director in maintaining and developing the financial control environment of the company. This role ensures appropriate policies, procedures and controls are implemented and that all internal and external reporting commitments are met.
The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and be able to problem-solve in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Handling the day-to-day operations of the UK finance department, including transactional finance, internal controls, financial reporting, compliance and, P&L analysis.
- Responsible for compliance with all aspects of technical accounting under local GAAP and IFRS for the UK entity (accounting treatment E.g., revenues, financial instruments, options).
- Ensuring external reporting requirements are met, including FCA quarterly and annual accounts.
- Responsibility of submission of Quarterly VAT return.
- Responsibility of Month-end process, including the production of management accounts.
- Client billings.
- Overall responsibility of monthly payroll, PAYE. pensions, medical insurance.
- Supporting informational requirements of investor/board meeting and ad-hoc analysis/projects.
Required skills and experience
- A qualified accountant CPA/ACA/ACCA.
- Previous practice experience or working in a start-up High tech/FinTech sector, with emphasis on demonstrable experience of financial control and P&L management (variance analysis, target-setting).
- Strong technical knowledge, with particular emphasis on accounting/tax issues.
- Experience of commercial and financial analysis.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Practice experience in a high-tech/fin-tech sector highly desirable.
- Experience of working in a fintech/financial service/FCA regulated entity
- Xero experience